As part of a small call center environment, customer service representatives are continually receiving and returning calls and are responsible for the professional and timely communication with customers regarding payouts, payments, amendments and other related loan issues. Administrative tasks emanate from telephone or email customer requests. All customer requests must follow General Bank policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills with the aptitude to ask probing questions and to answer effectively.
- Maintain composure and tone of voice during challenging situations as well as the use of “positive language”.
- Assist customers quickly, efficiently, and professionally with skill and flawless manners.
- Is attentive and patient, serving the customers with integrity and honesty.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions within the scope of the position.
- Capacity to control and “close” a call with confirmed customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers on loan payouts, payments, and other related issues via phone or e-mail.
- Process customer requests for loan updates and amendments.
- Set up files upon customer request for Transfers.
- Follow up with customers after Credit department decision.
- Follow up for all necessary documents to complete Transfer if required.
- Loan renewal processing.
- Ensure service standards are met as per Service Level Agreement.
- Cover off for Administrative Coordinator at the reception area.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and poise.
- Ability to take on varied tasks and duties in response to business needs, to ensure team goals are realized.
- Capability to work accurately with volumes and time sensitive deadlines.
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, customers and partners.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
- Understanding of the change management process.
- Effective time management skills to manage a fast paced, volume driven environment.
- Personal initiative: to get the job done effectively, efficiently and take responsibility for one’s actions.
- Self-motivated and independent, with the capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Established customer service skills in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent telephone and email communication skills and etiquette.
- Experience in a team environment.
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and financial applications.
- Bank administration or call center training would be an asset.
- Minimum high school graduation, combined with some post secondary education in the fields of administration/business or related work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and development in relevant fields of interest.
- Modern, functional office setting in a historic building close to the downtown core.
- An open office environment that contributes to the success of a small team.
- Convenient access to all major roadways.
- One block to major bus routes.
- Five blocks to Light Rail Transit.
- Outdoor parking (based on availability).